Monday 2 June 2014

What to buy on your first Slimming World shop

One of my friends from twitter (@what_a_twit) gave me a really good idea for a post on here the other day so I thought I'd get on and do it because I do think it'd be a massive help for anyone just starting SW, or even people who have been doing it a while. I think the first couple of weeks of Slimming World are the hardest because you struggle to know what to eat and it's the worst when you don't have enough in your fridge. Here are a few of my staple products that I ALWAYS have in without fail:


Salad items (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes & peppers)
Eggs
Lean Meat (whatever takes your fancy)
Extra Lean Mince (less than 5% fat)
Fruit (not in a tin)
Frozen Peas
Veg (fresh or frozen)
Potatoes
Fat Free Yoghurts (my favourites are Muller Light and Weight Watchers... stay away from Yeo Valley)
Mug Shots (the ones with the black 1% triangle in the corner are free)
Bachelors Savoury Rice (these are all free)
Baked Beans
Alpen Light Bars (these count as a Healthy B)
60g Wholemeal Breadcakes (I buy Kingsmill)
Cottage Cheese
Semi Skimmed Milk
Babybel Cheese (great for grabbing as a healthy A)
Philidelphia Light or Lightest (great for spreading or cooking with)
Dried Pasta (white or brown)
Tinned chopped tomatoes (these are included in so many recipes)
Ready meals under 5 syns (for when you're in a rush)
Salt & Pepper
Dried Mixed Herbs (these can be used in lots of recipes)

And not forgetting some stock for your syn cupboard. This will obviously vary from person to person, if you're a savoury kind of person then you'll want low syn crisps which include Quavers and French Fries... I will be doing a full post about low syn savoury snacks so watch this space! If you're into sweet treats then you'll want to pick up things like treat size chocolate bars or a selection of chocolate bars under 10 syns.

As I said, this will vary from person to person, this is just an idea of what I always have in. Your first shop tends to be an expensive one but trust me, once you have got going it gets cheaper. You can buy frozen meat and veg if this is cheaper and easier for you, it doesn't change the fact that it's free/superfree.

What are your staple foods for living a healthy lifestyle?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jade, this is really helpful :) Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete