So many of the Slimming World curry recipes are far too complicated and they require far too many ingredients for my liking. I found a recipe which is both cost effective and doesn't take an absolute age to do (no marinating etc. etc.). I'm gonna be honest with you and say i've yet to find a Korma recipe which tastes like creamy coconutty takeaway korma, this is actually more of a tikka masala.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3)
Diced Chicken Breast (1 or 1.5 packs)
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp Korma Curry Powder (you could use any curry powder really)
400ml Chicken Stock
6 tbsp tomato puree
100g fat free natural fromage frais
- Spray a pan with fry light and brown the chicken, onion and garlic cloves
- Add the curry powder, passata, tomato puree, stock and whatever seasoning
- Bring to the boil then cover and turn the heat to low
- Simmer for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through (I always make sure mine is cooked before adding the saucy bits, I'm a bit weird about chicken)
- Put the savoury rice in the microwave (this takes 15 mins so you know the curry is almost done when the microwave dings)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 100g of fromage frais
- Serve with whatever salad or veg you'd like, I chose spinach because I have a thing about it at the moment :)
And there you go, easy peasy 'korma'