The thought of Cowboy Pie repulsed me to begin with; baked beans in a pie?! blergh no thanks but I can honestly say I actually really enjoyed it and it's so easy to make, here's how...
INGREDIENTS (serves 4-6 depending on portion size):
5% fat lean mince (Lidl have it on offer at the moment, 2 packs for £3.50)
1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce (SS)
300ml Beef Stock
6 Potatoes (approx, depends how big your dish is, they need to make enough mash to cover it)
1-2 tablespoons of Worcester Sauce (depends how much you like worcester sauce)
Seasoning of your choice
- Peel the potatoes and put them on to boil
- Put the mince in a pan to fry along with the chopped onions and carrots until the mince is browned
- Add the baked beans, beef stock, tomato puree, worcester sauce and seasoning
- Bring to the boil then leave to simmer and reduce for approx 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime mash the potatoes
- Then transfer to an oven proof dish and top with mash
- Pop in a preheated oven (180) for around 15 mins. You can top with cheese if you want to use a few syns or if you've still got your healthy A.
And there we go, serve with whatever veg you want (I had swede mash) and you've got a really easy syn free meal for you and your family!