We had a tasting night at our Slimming World group the other week and one of my fellow slimmers, Jane, brought an onion bhaji loaf for us all to try... it was absolutely amazing and surprisingly simple to make so I thought I'd give it a go and share the recipe with you. It's a perfect snack food or great for serving as part of a meal.
Onion Bhaji Loaf (free or 1.5 syns)
- 1 tin of Chickpea Dahl (Asda Chosen by you is free, Mazadar from Morrisons is free, Tesco - 1.5 syns for the whole tin, try to avoid Sainsburys as this is 8 syns!!)
- 1 Packet of Bachelors Mild Curry Super Rice
- 2 Onions sliced
- 3 eggs
- Cook the rice as directed on the packet
- In the meantime, fry the onion in fry light until soft & pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Beat 3 eggs and add the chickpea dahl, onions and rice and mix together
- Transfer into a loaf tin and put in the middle of the oven for 40 mins
- Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- Colman's Fresh Garden Mint Sauce
- This is all about personal taste really, I just emptied the pot of yoghurt into a ramekin then added the mint to taste.