This has quickly become one of my favourite ever meals, I will never in my life ever use a packet mix for chilli now I've started making this one. It's packed with Speed foods (formerly known as super free) and is a great winter warmer served with a jacket potato or rice... make enough and it's also great microwaved for lunch!
- 450g less than 5% fat mince
- 2 tins plum tomatoes
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- Mushrooms (how many is personal preference, I like a lot)
- 2/3 onions sliced
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- Beef stock cube/melt
- 1.5 tbsp lazy chilli
- 1.5 tbsp lazy chopped garlic (in white wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Brown the mince and onions in a pan
- Add the two tins of plum tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms, tin of kidney beans & stock cube (i put the water from the tin as well as the kidney beans but it's up to you if you want to drain first)
- Stir and leave on medium heat for 5 mins
- add lazy chilli, lazy garlic and tomato puree
- leave to simmer on a low heat for 30-40 mins, stirring occasionally.
If you want a hotter chilli, feel free to add more lazy chilli but do keep tasting as you add because it does pack quite a punch! The above photo is an EESP version of a chilli meal which was still very filling but if you're following the regular SP plan you could have a jacket potato or rice in place of the cottage cheese.